SAP P2P Business Systems Enablement Lead
**This is a CONTRACT / CONSULTING opportunity**
Length: 6-12+ months
Candidate is responsible to execute tasks and duties in support of an optimization project related to purchasing processes and tools. With the support of a global project organization, the P2P Business Systems Enablement Lead enables strategic adoption of new functionality and works closely with other purchasing organizations to consolidate input and drive rollouts.
This includes support activities in design and implementation such as defining business functional requirements, training for new tools, documenting the future state business processes and conducting training for key users.
The job includes interaction with Global Purchasing Process Optimization, Corporate and Sites Purchasing groups, and SAP technical.
- Provide training and knowledge to purchasing key users in support of change management for new tools and methods.
- Assist key users in unit testing of system changes.
- Build and maintain training documentation for new purchasing processes using SAP and other systems to meet global and regional standards.
- Investigate and resolve incidents reported by users/ transactional buyers. Responsible for Help-Desk activities in support of new system adoption by users.
- Update master data and ensure master data integrity.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- An advanced understanding of SAP Purchase-to-Pay functional process, as well as other systems interfaced with SAP to support the purchasing processes.
- Procurement operations experience. Sourcing experience is a plus.
- Work independently with purchasing staff to understand business flows and processes assess specific issues and document detailed business requirements to support functional specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to lead testing events, log issues that are identified, and drive issue resolution activities.
- Ability to provide training and knowledge transfer on SAP transactional functionality to key users in addition to develop end user training material
- Good analytical skills, negotiating skills, judgment and results orientation.
- Travel to Plant sites (LaPorte,TX, Carville, LA, Port Arthur, TX).
- Language: English
- Expected to understand the SAP ECC 6.0 purchase-to-pay functional process and source-to-contract methods used in SAP Sourcing/CLM or ARIBA. Must be able to extract data from SAP and the various purchasing systems.
- Strong skills in the Microsoft Office suite of products including Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Excel.
- Project management disciplines and expertise from pre-project phases through to completion and closing phases are a must.
- Excellent customer relations/interpersonal soft skills, oral and written communication skills.
- A moderate to high level of skill in problem solving.
- Early work hours sometimes required for meetings with European personnel.
Key Words: SAP SRM, ECC 6.0, Business Process Re-Engineering, BPI, P2P, PTP, Purchasing, Procurement, SAP MM Configuration, Implementation, ASAP Methodology, TX, Texas, Houston.